Internal Complaints Committee
We at Barasat College,believe that the principles of justice, humanity and dignity should be dispensed irrespective of caste, creed, social status and gender of a person. Keeping in that in our mind and in pursuance of UGC (Prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment of Women employees andstudents in higher education institutions) Regulations,2015 read with Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, prohibition and Redressal) Act,2013 an Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) has been constituted by the authority to deal with the complaints relating to Sexual Harassment at workplace. In compliance with the UGC statues regarding measures for ensuring the safety of women and Programmes for Gender Sensitization on Campus,the ICC is committed to a zero tolerance policy towards sexual harassment and strives to create a campus free from discrimination, harassment or sexual assault at all levels.
1. To develop a policy against sexual harassment of women in the Institute
2. To evolve a permanent mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other Acts of gender-based violence at the Institute
3. To ensure implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaints and their follow-up procedures
4. To create a secure physical and social environment to deter any Act of Sexual Harassment
5. To uphold the commitment of the Institute to provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination
6. To promote a social and psychological environment to raise awareness on sexual harassment in its various forms
The Internal Complaint Committee of Barasat College has mainly two Committees under the flagship of Internal Complaint Committee namely 1. Anti Sexual Harassment Cell and 2. Women Cell. Information regarding the Acts; Rules of ICC are as given below as downloadable pdfs.
Information regarding the Acts & Rules of ICC
||Handbook on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace
||Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act and Rule,2013
||UGC (Prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment of Women employees and students in higher education institutions) Regulations,2015
Present Internal Complaints Committee Members are as follows: